Saturday, January 21, 2012

BACK-STORY:
I grew up an Army brat and proudly so.  I have lived in some of the most amazing places and have traveled the world courtesy of the USArmy!  My Dad is still active duty and made it to FULL BIRD (that means Col. for those of you who are not familiar w/ military lingo).  My husband was born in St. Louis, MO but moved when he was very young to Blue Springs, MO (just outside of Kansas City) where he was raised and stayed until.....
we met in college at the University of Central Missouri.  We started dating - his family...well, let's just say they didn't exactly love me to begin with (though I can't see why...I shared my opinion loudly, told people exactly what I thought, spared no feelings and...wait.....*self actualization moment* oooooohhh that's why...)  and my family was sort of indifferent towards him since they lived really far away and rarely met.  But we fell in love, got engaged, he graduated, we got married, I graduated and VIOLA....they were all mutually forced to......well, get over it.  Now we all have great relationships - my parents adore him and his family really likes me...most of the time (we get better as we get older, but...some lessons are harder learned and I'm still a little mouthy.)
We moved to Florida, and got pregnant with our first son, Tristan (turning three in a matter of weeks and I swear I think I'm already balding).  We stayed there until moving to Arkansas and where we did a really brief stint and found out we were expecting our second son, Liam (currently a happily oppinionated 17 month old).  Shortly after, we were transfered to St. Louis where we stayed only 5 months and then it was back down to Arkansas.  We are hoping to actually settle for a while! 

I just wanted anyone who does not know me to have a little back story about where we come from before diving in to anything!  I hope you all enjoy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment